Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A Nice Poem!!

I was suddenly reminded of a poem by William Wordsworth that I had read in my 10th/12th and had impressed me a lot by its simplicity and beauty!!
I never thought that so much emotion could be expressed in so few words!!
This poem maybe a forgotten gem just like the girl he has written about!!
 
The poem is:
 
 "She Dwelt Among Untrodden Ways"
  
She dwelt among the untrodden ways
Beside the springs of Dove,
Maid whom there were none to praise
And very few to love:
 
A violet by a mosy tone
Half hidden from the eye!
---Fair as a star, when only one
Is shining in the sky.
 
She lived unknown, and few could know
When Lucy ceased to be;
But she is in her grave, and, oh,
The difference to me!
 
-William Wordsworth 
 
7Cne -The Coolest Dude8
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

really touching cne...

யாத்ரீகன் said...

hmm.. valakam pola.. indha englibish poem-laam onum puriyala..

but one serious question arises... are we going to cease to exist the same way ?!

Anonymous said...

po da naaye!