Saturday, December 10, 2005

Half of Infy Bangalore is trying to solve an awesome puzzle created by guyz in IIM Indore.

I got this link to an amazing puzzle from my friend in TCS - GK Vidya....She's my old partner for all cultural competitions while in college.Myself,GK and another wierd jandhu called Winsley used to go for all competitons as a team and we have had our share of successes....
Well, thats besides the point.The link is : http://www.iimi-iris.com/iris/irising/klueLESS
Ths puzzle is really good and will tax ur knowledge , wit and even ur software knowledge to the edges of genius.
I posted this link on our Bullettin Board in my company.And got soo many replies and requests for hints that I couldn't do any sort of work that day.The same was happening on the BB.But then this guy posted all the answers for the puzzles on the BB......I saw this and mailed that guy -
This is the sequence......For Best effect : Read from the bottom!!


Hi Vinod,
Let me summarise what u just said!! If getting the answer to a puzzle is the only reason someone spends great time and effort on solving the puzzle, then its similar to saying the only reason to live is to die(since thats the last thing u get-its the answer!!).......and spend all ur time and effort trying ur best to DIE!!
No Sir, people work on puzzles to sharpen their thinking skills.....sharpen their logic and increasing their knowledge and last if not the least, the thrill and self satisfaction u get when u solve a puzzle by urself.
So, when I look at it from this perspective, I dont think sitting in office till 12 at night trying to move to the next levels (which i did) is not wrong!! - It was NOT wasted!!
If u dont agree with me on this....its ok!! But i request you not to spoil the fun for others by posting the answers on the BB.
And I would also request you to remove the answers from ur blog.
[If i may be forgiven for giving an anology here........Posting the answers on the BB because u think solving puzzles is a waste of time....is like someone pissing in a pool just because he/she thinks swimming is a waste of time].
Disclaimer : This mail is not meant to hurt ur feelings.....its just to help u understand that other's feelings need not be the same as urs!!
Regards,
Srini


Hi Srinivasan,

Frankly speaking I dont have time to look and solve into these kinds of puzzles. Just for curiosity I happenned to see the link in the BB with so many people wasting their time and mind to solve this puzzle. I just got the answers in the same website which had the puzzle. I posted the answers also on BB but got many mails to remove it........hence today morning I put those answers in my blog. How much time you wasted to reach level 20 (May be 7 hrs till now !!) ? Dont you think you could have utilsed this time to learn
any thing new/useful
regarding your project ?

I just wasted 5 min to find the answers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

யாத்ரீகன் said...

gotha.. i got the same pissed off ;-) feeling when i was in 26th level, my x cal roommate pinged me in Ysmgr with the answers, i didnt knew these were the answers untill i opened the chat window.. and this bloody Ysmgr, in meantime had scrolled up the prior answers, and the first thing that was visible to my eyes were the answeres to the last levels.. from which i was in.. i was sooooooooo pissed off that i cud have kicked his a** like anything..

but as yo u said.. it did give some lateral thinking, logistic view, reasoning, made our google usage knowledge more sharp... which all directly postively affects the work we do, as the same would happen if we

>> learn any thing new/useful >>regarding your project ?

why the hell should my knowledge be project oriented ?!?!

-
செந்தில்/Senthil

Anonymous said...

Bravo! Well spoken!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!